Racore Docs

chuckphd53

Racore Docs

Post by chuckphd53 »

“I never commit to memory anything that can easily be looked up in a book.” (AE)
Creekmore34
Poster3
Poster3

Re: Racore Docs

Post by Creekmore34 »

All,

Random question, but will the racore expansion work well with jr-ide? I don't have the expansion but I'm interested in finding one. I see that some had a dma built in. But I know Chuck has a 3-flop board, so maybe a better option is to just use the housing to hold a power supply and a second drive connected via Chuck's board. Also, is there a parallel port incorporated into the side piece?

Thanks for the info,
Ryan
chuckphd53

Post by chuckphd53 »

Couple of thought's here...

The JRIDE and RACORE/RAPPORT memories will most likely conflict...

My thoughts here are:
I have both a Racore and Rapport system, and I preferred to keep these systems 'original'.

I also have My COLOR system that is still a work inprogress, but this will be a FUN system to see what I can throw together...
no real path hence the Colors...

Now my work system, (see the Gallery) does have the JRIDE/USB, a Mix of Drives selectable via the Drive select and the Front Red switch selects.
It also has my 3Flop board, Parallel port that I use for my Zip Drive.

I've put a switcher supply inside the middle case to power all the components, and get rid of the Jr Pwr supply and brick.

If you have a Racore, It is a nice system of 'old' Hard to find in good shape so maybe keep it original.

Salvage some Jr cases , or other side case and build a nice work system with various Floppies flavors, and a JRIDE, with SPRINT/TandyMod and
my Modem slot Serial Port for a true 9 pin port with input RI (Ring Indicator) signal for those great late night calls to the BBS' with your
external Hayes 1200 modem. :lol: :lol:
(ps with the Modem slot serial board, you get the correct I/O decode for Port 1 and 2, ( see my other post on this )
but this is a nice work system....

Chuck
“I never commit to memory anything that can easily be looked up in a book.” (AE)
Creekmore34
Poster3
Poster3

Post by Creekmore34 »

Chuck,

You may have already seen these before, but these are some neat 3d printed ideas that might work in your color system if you want to customize the look of your gotek.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153742367552
http://proaudioaccessories.com/2020/06/ ... apters-pc/

or

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4551657
chuckphd53

Post by chuckphd53 »

These are good ideas,,,,
May have to consider designing some of these things..

I have been a big fan of the Data/Address LED;s as used on the Imsai S-100 systems.
I built an S-100 system in the late 70's, and have always wanted
to outfit the Jr with Latched Address and Data LEDS just for that 'WAR GAMES' Look...
another project on my desk...