No mods, all original parts.

Proudly Post your systems, designs and upgrades
Draxxon
Poster3
Poster3

No mods, all original parts.

Post by Draxxon »

I actually saved this from being thrown into a dumpster. It has the internal memory and modem, two 128K sidecars, a power expansion sidecar and a serial port sidecar. It also had cartridge basic, one joystick and a PCjr monitor. There was also 123 Lotus carts A and B, no floppies. It seems all the software was gone before this was to be tossed out.

I have no software for this system yet, and have done no mods. I would like to get another joystick and the keyboard cable, those look pretty cheap. After that I just want to focus on video games, not so much other software or programs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chuckphd53

Re: No mods, all original parts.

Post by chuckphd53 »

So nice to see a 'STOCK' Jr saved from the dumpster !!!
Especially like that the PCJr monitor is part of the package....

so many great games and software packages yet to be enjoyed...

Great job...

Chuck
“I never commit to memory anything that can easily be looked up in a book.” (AE)
Draxxon
Poster3
Poster3

Post by Draxxon »

I sure would like to know where all the floppies went to.

A friend of mine cleaned out an older lady's basement and he was told to throw it out. He asked me if I wanted it beforehand. Of course, I said yes. That was a couple of years ago. I had no idea what it was at the time, but i noticed that the monitor and PC matched, and knew that was good. When I hooked it all up I thought it was pretty cool looking. Then I researched it.

It seems these were not so well received and not a favorite among collectors now. But, this one is pretty sharp and clean so I think it is worth while to hang on to it. I am gamer and game collector, so it will be fun to get some River Raid or Demon Attack going one day, hopefully. I must say, I do remember seeing this joystick as a small child. Not sure where, probably at school. So it is possible I have crossed paths with this model before and just don't remember.

I see there are lots of ways to go about expanding this system with modern stuff. I'm looking forward to learning all about stuff before I start any mods though. I have some reading to do.
chuckphd53

Post by chuckphd53 »

Lots of folks will help your journey...

Read Alot of stuff ... there have been som really nice add-ons to the jr
“I never commit to memory anything that can easily be looked up in a book.” (AE)
Draxxon
Poster3
Poster3

Post by Draxxon »

Well, I've got a few things lined up already.

Keyboard cable seems like a must. I discovered the rear connector enclosures, so I think those are something I want. I also grabbed some blank 5.25" floppies so I can at least test the floppy drive. should all be here in the next few days. I also grabbed a modem line, but I'm not even sure how any of that even works.

Joysticks seemed to have gone up in price a little bit since I last looked into it. I still need to grab another one of those and possibly an NEC V20 - 10 chip.
chuckphd53

Post by chuckphd53 »

the Little jr soon gets all the good upgrades... Kings Quest is a favorite, I am still trying to get thru the game... :)