PCjr PS/2 Adapters

kuenzign
Poster1
Poster1

PCjr PS/2 Adapters

Post by kuenzign »

Hello, I was wondering if there was anyone that was producing the standalone PCjr PS/2 keyboard adapters. I know that TexElec makes an adapter, which is nice, but I don't like that it forces you to convert your joystick ports to game ports. I'm interested in just having a standalone keyboard adapter dongle. Is anyone producing and selling these?
chuckphd53

Re: PCjr PS/2 Adapters

Post by chuckphd53 »

Are you wanting a Jr keybrd to PS2 ???

chuck
“I never commit to memory anything that can easily be looked up in a book.” (AE)
kuenzign
Poster1
Poster1

Post by kuenzign »

Sorry I suppose that wasn't overly clear. I am looking to buy an adapter that allows you to use a standard PS/2 keyboard with a PCjr. I saw that you had made an adapter using the design by Michael K. Graham (jmetal88) here (original posted here). I know that TexElec does sell a version of this here, which is a nice board, but I'm hoping just for a standalone keyboard adapter like the original adapter from jmetal88, not one that also adapts the joystick ports. I have a PCjr keyboard that works fine along with an official cable, but I am wanting to hook up my PCjr with my KVM switch, which uses PS/2.
chuckphd53

Post by chuckphd53 »

I can make you a ps2 adapter...
“I never commit to memory anything that can easily be looked up in a book.” (AE)
kuenzign
Poster1
Poster1

Post by kuenzign »

Thank you, that would be very much appreciated Chuck. How much would you want to sell one for?
chuckphd53

Post by chuckphd53 »

I just ask for the parts and shipping cost......I do it for the Jr Folks so we can have fun :)
GreenElf
Poster1
Poster1

Post by GreenElf »

I hate to resurrect a thread like this but is there any possibility to get one of these adapters made for myself?

I like Texelec and have a few of their boards but I want to be able to use my original PCjr Joysticks and my Model M at the same time.
chuckphd53

Post by chuckphd53 »

Yes I can make one for you..
PM me with your mailing address

chuck