MY working system

Proudly Post your systems, designs and upgrades
chuckphd53

MY working system

Post by chuckphd53 »

This is my work system.
I have the 3Flop board, PCSprint, TandyMod, Mouse(driver mouser704) Zip-100(uses Palmzip), PCJR2PS2 keyboard dongle, Joystick (duh)
USB HtC drive , Two 5.25 Drives, Two 3.5 Drives.
the front buttons are R-reset on the PCSprint board, T-TandyMod enable/disable, S-PCSprint Speed On/Off
Some software / games dont like the extra speed, jpystick function timing is usually off so you need to throttle back (off) with the PCSprint board
to allow proper operation.

The Red switches on the front are Drive select switches, I do this by : ex. having two drives on the same data cable
but switching the DS line to that drive I want to be active.
So A1=5.25drive A2=3.5drive A3=USB drive
A= Adrives B=Bdrives
with a little planning you can get alot of functionality.

The 3Flop Board design allows you to use a DPDT switch and swap drive A and B on the fly...
So as example, if A1=5.25 drive(bottom) B1=5.25 drive (top)
with the far left A/B switch in the A position the drives are as specified.
with the A/B switch in the B position, the Top drive is now drive A, and the Bottom dive is now B..

I used standard PCJR case as toppers, drilled and mounted the tops to the above units and cut holes for cabling.
The side plates I 3D printed and painted.
Also the front holder for the 3.5drives is 3D printed, I designed this to fit the drives and on the inside is a holder 3D printed, to hold the
backsides of the drives, I superglued these to,the Jr case after I made the cut outs.
And the same with the switch panel custom 3D printed switches from Mouser electronics..

The top cases have Filler 3D printed cart insets just to make it look nice. I could have left them open but it seems unfinished
and confusing with the open cart slots.

I have the JRIDE in the first side car slot the Maxtor drive is located in the Top Jr case with the ribbon cable on the backside, out of view...
The last side car is the Parallel port, modified for Bi-Directional operation, and the ZIP-100 drive is attached to this.
I love the ZIP-100 drive as I have a USB ZIP-100 on my Windows 10 machine and it is so easy to transport a large number of files
back and forth, especially for backup of items on the Jr I want to store on my Win10 backup NAS drives.

I also have a switcher power supply in the Center Jr case that powers the entire system, no Jr brick to deal with.

“I never commit to memory anything that can easily be looked up in a book.” (AE)
toddvernon
Poster4
Poster4

Re: MY working system

Post by toddvernon »

I like that keyboard! Not available anymore... damn!
chuckphd53

Post by chuckphd53 »

Actually it can be found, but usually not new...
I kicked myself I only got two of them $20 each when they were available
Amazon did have some months back
chuck
“I never commit to memory anything that can easily be looked up in a book.” (AE)
chuckphd53

Post by chuckphd53 »

The Sprint Board is a nice addition speeds up basic functions.
but it can screw up game playing, Joystick timing etc.....
but there is a switch to Turn in ON and OFF as needed..

My 3tier systems and the buttons on the front are:
RESET (sprint board)
TANDY (Tandy Mod ON/OFF)
SPRINT (sprint ON/OFF)
chuckphd53

Post by chuckphd53 »

On Ebay

SEJIN PS2
KEYBOARDS ARE BACK

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165840756856?h ... R6zz1aTxYQ