SMARTDRV.SYS

PCjr discussions !
chuckphd53

SMARTDRV.SYS

Post by chuckphd53 »

MESSAGE FROM RYAN:
Hi Chuck,
Long time! I hope all is well with you.

I was looking at your autoexec and config page today and I was curious about your Device =smartdrv.sys Line in your config.sys. I know it is following your Zip drive device line and I know that palmzip recommends using it, but is it really using the PCjr memory over 640k? I thought that it would only work using extended or expanded memory in more robust DOS systems. Is it working as intended in your system, using that extra 96k between 640 and 736?

Thanks for the info,
Ryan=

It does help with the hard Drive Cache I am not sure if it does use the 640 above memory....

But with the JRIDE installed I believe it does use the upper memory, or at least with the extra memory installed It does help...
I know this does not help much, I am building a new house and have not been on the Jr much as expected !
But If I remember I had around 587K memory left over for programs and stuff......

Try the attached INFOPLUS program to see what memory is doing..

Post a msg as to what you find please....

Thanks
Chuck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I never commit to memory anything that can easily be looked up in a book.” (AE)
Creekmore34
Poster3
Poster3

Re: SMARTDRV.SYS

Post by Creekmore34 »

Will do! Thanks!