Computer Reset Sidecar cases

psergiu
Poster4
Poster4

Computer Reset Sidecar cases

Post by psergiu »

One question for the folks here - at the end of the Computer Reset warehouse there's about half a pallet of badly water-damaged boxes of PCjr parallel printer sidecars. All the good looking ones have been picked thru. While the PCB inside might or might not be recoverable, the sidecar plastic cases should be fine and re-usable for JrIDEs or something else.
Is there any interest for them ?

The Computer Reset warehouse is almost empty now, stuff is being trucked away by the metal scrappers.
If those sidecars are not picked up at the next cleanup event at 8AM, they will be loaded up by the scrap metal collectors.

Anyone in the Dallas area with a pickup truck and space to store/sort/clean dozens upon dozens of sidecar boxes full of black mold ?
chuckphd53

Re: Computer Reset Sidecar cases

Post by chuckphd53 »

These are always nice to have the plastics....
“I never commit to memory anything that can easily be looked up in a book.” (AE)
psergiu
Poster4
Poster4

Re: Computer Reset Sidecar cases

Post by psergiu »

Ok. I went there yesterday and have retrieved 24 Parallel port sidecars. A few of them in pristine condition, most of them a bit wet and/or crumpled at a corner. All shrink-wrapped and sealed.

How does this sounds:
$10+shipping for a mint condition one sent in a padded cardboard box so it arrives ready to display.
$7+shipping for a blemished one sent in a USPS mailing envelope
$5 per sidecar+shipping for more than one blemished.

I'll try to sort out all other PCjr accessories I have and will list them here.