My upgraded system

Proudly Post your systems, designs and upgrades
jscrow
Poster2
Poster2

My upgraded system

Post by jscrow »

I just finished upgrading my system pictured below! I gutted one of my Racore expansion units and used the chassis to add a Gotek using a 3Flop board. The switch in front toggles the boot drive (up for Gotek/down for the 5.25). This system has the Tandy and PC-Sprint Mods installed (switches on the rear). Also, I installed a serial board in the modem slot that is connected to a wifi modem. As you can see, the sidecars are a jr-IDE and parallel port (modified bi-directional). Lastly, I added a Resound-jr Adlib card inside the Racore sidecar with an audio jack where the PC-jr switch used to be. Everything is powered using an PCjr ATX adapter (pico psu) which seems to be handling the load just fine, I'm sure I could add another sidecar without issue...

Creekmore34
Poster3
Poster3

Re: My upgraded system

Post by Creekmore34 »

Really nice build!

I tried something similar with a 3.5” floppy as the second drive (an old IBM 720kb), but the pico psu seemed to become unstable and the computer kept freezing up. I guess the gotek draws less (or likely some other problem specific to my system).
jscrow
Poster2
Poster2

Post by jscrow »

Thanks!

I have the Gotek plugged directly into the pico psu and there have been no issues so far...
chuckphd53

Post by chuckphd53 »

Looks great and the extra serial port/with the Ring line is handy//
“I never commit to memory anything that can easily be looked up in a book.” (AE)
RiverBoa99
Poster4
Poster4

Post by RiverBoa99 »

jscrow wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:50 pm Thanks!

I have the Gotek plugged directly into the pico psu and there have been no issues so far...
Do you have any interest in selling the guts from that Racore expansion? I got a unit that had a good drive and some of the parts, but was missing the power supply.